- Why is the barrier count not reflecting the leader's consensus vote?
nparties 2 versus 3? (because only follower responses are counted
here; I have renamed the responses field as followerResponses to
clarify this and also updated the logged message).
- What is the impact of the mock notify message? That the consensus
release time can not advance? (We now explicitly mark the mock
GATHER responses and then ignored them on the leader. Followers
that provide a mock GATHER response will vote NO for the
PREPARE. Also, added a unit test for an ABC() simultaneous restart
once the services already have some data and are not at
- Why is the leader reporting that it is forcing a barrier break in
messageFollowers()? (Not sure. Added a workaround using
"consensus==null" as the test condition to drive the barrier.reset()
- What the hell happened to the NotReady exception? (It will cause the
follower to fail in prepare2Phase, but we never get past the flush()
in this test run.)
- Why did the commit the commit never finish? (We were stuck in
flush(). Not sure why.)
- Modified QuorumPipelineImpl.retrySend() to log @ WARN if we have to
do a retrySend(). (Note that it will also log @ ERROR if
RobustReplicateTask.call() is unable to send whether or not we then
transition into retrySend()).
Committed revision r7289.