Commit includes fixes for
BLZG-994 (content-negotation) and $624 (HA Load
Balancer). I have run through the NSS, AST evaluation, and QUADS mode
test suites and everything is green. The TestAll_LBS test suite is
also green (HA).
- CONNEG was broken in previous releases and would return available
Content-Type corresponding to the least desired MIME Type as
specified by the Accept header. See
BLZG-994. Changes to ConnegScore,
- RemoteRepository: A bug was identified where the openrdf binary RDF
interchange type could not be used because a non-null charset would
cause a Reader to be allocated rather than an InputStream within the
BackgroundGraphResult. Historically, due to
BLZG-994, this interchange
type was not preferred and hence this code path was not tested. The
fix was to use the default charset for the format associated with
the Content-Type of the response unless overridden by an explicit
charset in the encoding.
- Added a new LBS policy (CountersLBSPolicy) based on the
/bigdata/counters servlet. This policy is more chatty than the
GangliaLBSPolicy, but it can be used in environments that do not
support multicast and can be secured using standard techniques for
httpd. The GangliaLBSPolicy was heavily refactored to create an
abstract base class that is now shared by both the CountersLBSPolicy
and the GangliaLBSPolicy. Added documentation to web.xml and the
HALoadBalancer page of the wiki. See
- Release a new bigdata-ganglia.jar (v1.0.4). This release permits
the Comparator to be null, which is useful since we want to order
the hosts based on our IHostScoringRule rather than a simple ganglia
- AbstractStatisticsCollection: Added @Override tags and FIXME on
- CounterSet: private and final attributes. ignoring some unchecked
conversions or raw types. @Override attributes.
- ICounterSetSelector: expanded the interface slightly to allow
optional filtering for HistoryInstruments (was implicit and
manditory). This was necessary in order to support XML rendering of
- CounterSetFormat: Added to support CONNEG for the different kinds of
counter set interchange (text/plain, text/html, application/xml).
This was in support of the new CountersLBSPolicy.
- IOStatCollector, VMStatCollector: Fixed some bugs in the OSX
platforn metrics collectors, mostly around data races.
- BigdataSailRemoteRepositoryConnection: added link to
timeout on remote query). I have not worked on this ticket yet, but
these comments mark the integration points. The other integration
point is BigdataRDFContext.newQuery(), which is also linked to the
ticket in this commit.
- CountersServlet: modified to support CONNEG.
- ConnegOptions: added toString(). clean up.
- jetty.xml: refactored per guidence from webtide.
- web.xml: comments on the CountersLBSPolicy.
Committed revision r8294.