SourceForge has deprecated their hosted apps and will turn them off on 1 Sept 2012. The bigdata currently relies on:
- trac (for tracking tickets)
- MediaWiki (for the wiki)
These applications will have to be migrated before the hosted apps go dark.
It is possible that we will have broken URIs as a result of this migration. Those URIs could appear in:
- blog (links to wiki/trac)
- source code (mainly links to tickets, but also some wiki links. e.g., to the NSS)
- trac (self-linked from tickets to tickets)
- SVN commit log (links to trac tickets)
- wiki (e.g., the DataMigration page may point at a trac ticket)
- release notes (may point to the NSS or other wiki pages).
- downstream release metadata (e.g., semanticwiki.org).
Backups MUST be created before attempting to migrate the hosted apps or perform the Project Upgrade.
See http://sourceforge.net/blog/hosted-apps-retirement/ (Original announcement)
See http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Hosted%20Apps%20Retirement/ (Wiki page for hosted apps retirement)
See http://sourceforge.net/p/upgrade/ (Project Upgrade)
See http://sourceforge.net/blog/hosted-apps-retirement/ (Backups of hosted apps)
See https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/Migrating%20Trac%20from%20Hosted%20Apps/ (Hosting trac in SF project web and project database)